Sunday, June 14, 2015

Inspired by Kits: Michelle, Becky & 10 New Quilts

You have read about Michelle F. here; she organizes quilting parties and quilting kits, distributes fabric, inspires others and makes her own quilts, as well. Oh, and she also designed a pattern for us!

Michelle connected with Becky M. and got her started quilting again with one of the kits. Here is a recent note from Becky:
"...I’ve completed 10 quilts for Katie’s Comforters Guild.  I started out with a simple single fabric front and backing, self bound, and progressed into making various simple patchwork designs.  I used to quilt years ago and found that I had forgotten a lot of the math of quilt design, so this is good practice for me.  I’m also excited to have such a worthwhile cause to use up the yards and yards of fabrics that I’ve accumulated over the years!  
I have found so many good resources for project ideas and tutorials on line!  Here are a couple of my favorites:
This is a cute blog as well as pictures of patchwork quilts from a very prolific quilter!  She has some great tutorials, too. http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com
Another site that I’ve found some wonderful, colorful ideas is one called cluckclucksew.   She has a tutorial for an amazingly simple self binding with a mitered corner that I’m using now.  It works every time!  http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2014/01/binding-quilt-with-quilt-back.html
I’m going to drop off the completed quilts at Childrens Hospital this week. I’ll be sure to give you credit for the kits that got me started!" - Becky M
Here is a photo of Becky's beautiful quilts:
Thank you, Becky and Michelle! Your time, talent and materials keep us going and GROWing - and keep the patients at Seattle Children's Hospital in comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment