Many people ask, "What size shall I make the blankets?"
The answer is, any size that you like.
Having said that, you might prefer a little more guidance, so here are a couple of suggestions:
1. Fabric comes in bolts, usually 44" - 45" wide. Bolt width is a good width for a blanket.
2. A yard is a good length for younger children and babies. It can be easily carried and packed.
3. Older kids and teens prefer longer blankets (a yard and a half to two yards in length).
4. One package of satin blanket binding is enough to make a blanket that is a yard long, with a bit left over. If you are making a larger blanket with this edging, buy two packages of binding.
5. If you are still undecided, make the blanket larger. That way it can go to either a teen or a tiny.
If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here or on our facebook page, or email me. Thank you for your support of Katie's Comforters Guild!