Friday, April 2, 2010

New Donors, New Quilts

We have been given some beautiful new quilts by new donors, and we are very thankful. I'd like to present the handiwork of Bonnie P., a member of Katie's Comforters Guild:
Bonnie didn't want to have her picture taken, but she gave me permission to post a photo of her beautiful quilts here. Thank you, Bonnie!
Here's a closer view, so you can see the lovely fabrics:

And I'm thrilled to introduce a new donor, who has made nearly two thousand quilts so far, during her productive quilting career. Meet Lucile N. and her husband, Noble:
Lucile and Noble donated 28 quilts today!
Lucile makes a quilt per day, and I hope she won't mind me telling you that she's in her 80s. What an inspiration - she's amazing!
Here are just some of the quilts that she donated today:
Thank you, Lucile!
If you know any quilters or blanket-makers who would like to join us, please give them our email address, blogspot, etc.
We always need more quilters, knitters, crocheters and fleece-blanket makers.

4 comments:

  1. That is so amazing! Lucile is incredible! I love to see so many quilts pouring in. (reminds me all the more just how many sick kiddos there are...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder that there are, indeed, angels here on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and generous way of spreading care and warmth to those children. Each quilt is a blessing and I hope just as many return to those who make them to the twofold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is only a small part of the good this wonderful couple does. They are so amazing and do so much good for so many in their community.
    I could go on and on. Thank you, Noble and Lucile.

    ReplyDelete