Wednesday, April 28, 2010

An Offer of Quilting Services

I received an email recently from a friend, Joan, who has known our family for many years. Her brother is a great friend of Gregg's from WAY back, and Joan was the secretary at Katie's elementary school. We saw her often during the grade school years. A while ago, she and her husband moved away, and after they moved back to our area, I received this message:

"Mark bought me a longarm quilting machine. I am now quilting for people. I would love to donate quilts... I would love to do some quilts that I can machine quilt on my large machine...I would love to help in any way that I can. You are always in my thoughts and prayers."

"If you have anyone that has pieced a quilt and would like me to quilt it for them I will donate my time and the machine. This is so great. I have been looking for something to do to fill the down time that I have, not that I have much but the machine is just sitting there, it begs to be used." - Joan Morey, Henhouse Quilts  
What a great name for a business! And isn't that a lovely offer? If any of you need help with quilting a larger quilt for the guild, please contact me, and I will put you in touch with Joan.

We have been given three large, pieced quilt tops and I think Joan's offer may be the answer to our prayers. We could have them finished, and then auction them off to raise funds to benefit the hospital, or our guild.

Our guild has been invited by Kelley Stryer to participate in the Children's Hospital Calendar Project. It has been one of the top guild fundraisers for over 70 years, and they provide lots of support to make it easy. Does anyone want to spearhead this project? Please leave a comment or send me an email!

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment