|Katie's Bench, waterfront park in Poulsbo|
We often receive thank you letters from the hospital. Here is the latest one:
Thank you for the 78 handmade quilts and blankets that you recently donated to Seattle Children's.
Gifts of items and services have always played an important role in helping us give kids the very best care. Early in the hospital's history, farmers contributed their surpluses to the hospital pantry, schoolchildren collected homemade jams and jellies from their neighbors and homemakers sewed bed linens.
Today, that same spirit of compassion and generosity lives on through people like you.
Thank you for making a difference in the lives of our children and their families. Please know that all of us at Children's are grateful for your donation to enhance the care and comfort of our patients.
Thomas H. Hansen, MD
Thank you for being part of this effort!
The Guild Association's Membership Committee chairwoman, Judy Ogden, sent a letter share some upcoming events and opportunities with us.
- Operation Family Care: to help families in the hospital. Greatest need: gift cards ($15 - $25 for gas & grocery stores). The Food for Families Initiative is also part of this drive; contact Melissa Cardenas at 206-987-6806 or email@example.com about this.
Other needed items:
- spiral bound notebooks/journals
- prepaid phone cards
- LED candles or LED tea lights
- Headphones for use with electronic devices
- Baby wipes (80 count)
- Adult toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Annual Meeting & Luncheon Celebration, Friday, May 10, 2013 at the Westin Hotel in Seattle. Invitations will be mailed in April, so please mark your calendar now.
- Anna Clise Award for Individual Achievement and Chairman's Award for Guild Excellence: if you know a person who you feel deserves to receive one of these awards, please let me know (or contact Melissa). The nomination forms need to be submitted by March 15th.
She also wrote to remind guild members about sending in our annual dues. If you have done so already, Thank you! If you haven't, this is a gentle reminder. If you know anyone who might like to join our guild, please invite them - they are welcome.
Remember: you and your time, talent and support are VITAL to Seattle Children's Hospital.
Together, all of the Guilds raised
$10.45 million in fiscal 2012!
The Friends of Costco Guild raised 54% of that amount - they are awesome!
Thank you again for all you do for Katie's Comforters Guild at Seattle Children's Hospital.